Saturday, February 20, 2010

Glimmer

Today I had a glimmer of hope... that my groove might be coming back... my creative groove.

After being an asshole among friends this morning at breakfast I went home and went back to bed. I thought I would save the world from yet another asshole. After three hours I woke up with these words in my head: What lies beneath the surface. What lies beneath the surface... mmm I pondered this. I don't know what it means but I pondered it...

I headed down to my art studio. A couple of weeks ago I started stretching large woven plastic bags I found in the trash... (Yes I look in trash cans for interesting materials) ...on frames - also recycled and decided to finish the rest today. I have 7. Along with the canvases I have 6 wooden doors - again recycled. So now I have enough surface to paint on that will fill the gallery for my June exhibit... now I have to paint them... mmmm

While sorting the woven plastic bags I started to fold & pleat the fabric. I ended up wrapping it around my dress form and made a dress with a bustle, over-skirt & hat. During the dress assembling I thought "What the hell am I doing? I was stretching canvas now I'm folding & wrapping and digging for more plastic...?!" Ah but then I said " Don't sweat it. Go with it. Let it grow."

So a glimmer I had today. And I feel less creatively constipated. and still I ponder "...what lies beneath the surface..."

No comments:

Post a Comment