Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Bluebird #13



Bluebird #13… Two birds in one day… yeee-ow!

After the doldrums of yesterday and figuring out where #12 was to go on the 13th, I was still in a quandary as to where to put #13!! Procrastination or constipation don’t work for this project at all. The days keep coming, day after day. Figuring out where hope lives is a full time job.

Libraries have been a place of inspiration for me. Curiosity is something that keeps me going. I hope that I am curious to the day I die. When I lived in Pasadena I would go to the main branch on Walnut. I would get lost in the books for hours. I caught up reading literature that I was supposed to have read in High School English… let’s just say I missed a couple of classes and Cliff Notes aren’t the same. I looked at art books with beautiful prints of paintings and sculpture. This curiosity got me back to college when it meant something to me.

Today when I went to both the Avenue Library and the E.P. Library I was happy to see both places in use by many: little ones with their grandmother, elementary students with tutors and teenagers doing homework. At the Avenue Library there were a couple of older women at the back table reading the newspaper, some fellas on the computers and a group of 4th or 5th graders with a tutor in the children’s section. There was even a young man just outside the door playing his guitar. And of course the two friendly ladies at the front desk who I love to chat with about books.

Well it seemed fitting that #13 be placed at my neighborhood library because there still is a library in my neighborhood. It is well used and well stocked for such a small place. Bluebird #13 landed in the Avenue Library right next to “Louise: The Adventures of a Chicken”.

No comments:

Post a Comment