Monday, December 26, 2011

Bluebird #25




There are many aspects of the state of our nation that bother me but one that worries me is the huge losses in the stock market. I don’t gamble and I haven’t been to Vegas since 1984 so I don’t really like the stock market because of the similar risks. But here we are with our whole financial well being wrapped up with those lunatics on Wall Street.

The part that makes me sad is that so many people lost big chunks of their retirement funds. They had planned ahead, did it the way it was suggested for success and BAM- the bottom drops. I had a 401k too and watched that thing shrink. I suppose this is a sad example of “there are no guarantees”. So now what? I’m not sure.

First thing that comes to mind is that we need to take care of each other. I suppose that pride needs to be set aside. Possibly asking for help when it’s needed and giving it in return. I’m thinking bartering with each other. The universe is abundant when we don’t hoard things or get greedy but share instead.

Most of the people I know have friends and family around them to help them out. There are a lot of people that don’t. What about them? I’m not talking about saving the world or maybe I am, just a baby step at a time. Just a little effort goes along way.

What can you do in your community to help others thrive? Donate food to the local food bank? Help distribute food? You might already do some volunteer work… yay for you!! Keep it up!

Bluebird #25 landed at the Senior Center in Ventura… spreading a vision of hope to the people who need a bit more for their retirement.

No comments:

Post a Comment