Monday, December 26, 2011

Bluebird #23






For the in between times I took a job as a professional pet sitter with a local agency. It is a happy job. It is rewarding on many levels. I get exercise, the dogs get exercise, the cats get massages, every one gets love… It’s a win-win… win situation!!

My new doggy client is named Sonny. He’s a white malamute and is a beauty. His owner took him in a few years ago after he was rescued. I met him briefly before his owner left town and he was very timid… distrustful is a better word. He did take a treat from my hand and sniffed me a little but otherwise kept away

The first visit was at the end of the day. Sonny was so distrustful that he wouldn’t come within 10 feet of me. He stayed in his dog run, didn’t sit and growled quietly. He was very apprehensive and it makes me sad to see him unhappy. So I just sat quietly in the yard hoping he would get used to me.

There is a sweet little birdhouse in the yard where Sonny lives and Bluebird #23 landed there.

No comments:

Post a Comment